Our troubleshooting series is here to help you do it yourself. From common questions we get after purchase, to more in depth adjustments; Framed is here for you.
Tire Change- Knowing what to do in event of a flat is key to a successful ride. Prepare for the inevitable with this instructional video.
- Remove wheel.
- Remove tire from rim. On some fat bikes, tires will be loose, but some combinations do require a tire lever or two. On our bikes, the tire will be loose enough to remove by hand.
- Remove flat tube from tire, and inspect both carefully for anything that could puncture it. Note: Glass or thorns can hide in the tire itself and cause the new tube to puncture instantly. Inspect and remove all foreign objects before installing new tube.
- Inflate replacement tube slightly, and place back into tire.
- Slide valve stem into hole, and align tire onto rim.
- Inflate slowly, taking care that the bead is evenly seated on the rim.